A brow lift or brow lift surgery is performed on both men and women and is designed to deliver a younger, softer looking appearance to the upper facial area. The procedure is most popular with men and women aged 40-65 although is generally considered appropriate for anyone who feels that their brow area has sagged.
A brow lift will:
- Minimise the creases that develop across the forehead or those that occur high on the bridge of the nose, between the eyes
- Improve what are commonly referred to as frown lines (vertical creases that develop between the brows)
- Reposition low or sagging eyebrows
- Raise the eyebrows to a more alert and youthful position.
Benefits of brow lift surgery include:
- A more youthful, less tired and rejuvenated appearance
- Increased overall self-confidence and self-esteem
- Correction of the asymmetry of the forehead and eyebrows
A brow lift is often performed in conjunction with other surgeries including eyelid surgery, facial rejuvenation and/or skin resurfacing techniques.
A brow lift generally takes 1-2 hours to perform, depending on the surgical method used. There are varying approaches to performing a brow lift however the two most popular (and those used by Mr Mutimer) are the less invasive Endoscopic Brow Lift (also referred to as Temporal Brow Lift) and the traditional Open Brow Lift (also known as Coronal Brow Lift). Because everyone is different, a trained plastic surgeon in Australia will be best placed to recommend the most appropriate approach for you to achieve the desired outcome.
Results of brow lift surgery are long lasting. Initial wound healing will generally take 5-14 days although healing will continue for several weeks as swelling subsides and incision lines refine and fade.
It is important to speak to your plastic surgeon about your expectations and what can realistically be achieved with brow lift surgery. To find out more information we would recommend you read the additional information we have prepared on this procedure: Click here to download Brow Lift information