Breast reduction surgery is a commonly performed procedure amongst women who visit Brighton Plastic Surgery A breast reduction is an effective treatment for large, heavy breasts. It removes excess breast tissue and skin to achieve a breast size more in proportion with your body.
A breast reduction is designed to alleviate or improve common complaints associated with large breasts including shoulder, neck or back pain, breast crease irritation and difficulty in finding clothing that fits comfortably. The procedure is designed to make the breasts smaller, more shapely and better supported.
For women who have breasts far out of proportion with their body size, a breast reduction can bring about significant results.
Excessively large breasts can be a physical and emotional burden for many women. The reasons for wanting breast reduction surgery do vary however if you are unhappy with your large breasts and experiencing any of the below you may be considered a suitable candidate for breast reduction surgery:
- Breasts that are not in proportion to the rest of your body
- Frequent neck, back or shoulder pain
- Uncomfortable grooves in your shoulder from your bra (whereby the weight of your breasts result in your bra straps being pulled down)
- Poor posture as a result of your breast size (many women with larger breasts tend to stoop/hunch their shoulders forward)
- Heavy breasts that droop, with nipples and areolas that point downwards
- Trouble sleeping due to discomfort when lying down
- Rashes or infections under the breasts / in the crease line
- Generally feeling self-conscious
- Limited capacity for physical activity
Making the decision to undergo a breast reduction is a big step. If you would like to learn more we recommend scheduling a consultation with a qualified Plastic Surgeon. He or she will ask questions to learn more about you and your medical history, conduct a full examination and get a thorough understanding of your specific needs and expectations. They will then be able to explain the various treatment options available and help you determine the best approach for your specific circumstances.
If you would like to find out more about breast reduction surgery at Brighton Plastic Surgery, including estimated cost for the procedure visit our Breast Reduction Web Page. Alternatively feel free to enquire about a consultation via our website or by phoning us on (03) 9592 0522.